Winter Operations Virtual Training
On Demand | ONLINE
This curriculum is designed to provide Airport Operators guidance to implement a well-rounded approach to their winter operations training needs.
The information contained within this course reflects the current FAA Advisory Circulars pertaining to (AC) 150/5210-20 Ground Vehicle Operations on Airports, AC 150/5200-30 Airport Winter Safety and Operations, AC 150/5220-20 Airport Snow and Ice Control Equipment, FAA FAR part 139 Certification of Airports, and actual Airport Snow and Ice Control Plans.
This course is intended to educate the Airport Equipment Operator, Airport Operations Specialist, and other individuals performing Snow and Ice Control Measures on Airports. The information contained within is to provide each attendee sufficient knowledge of the following:
1. Human Factors that impact safety and efficiencies during winter operations.
2. The applicable regulations for Snow and Ice Control measures at FAR Part 139 Certificated and now certificated airports.
3. The Chemical and aggregate available to airports. How they are applied and performance expectations.
4. Aircraft Deicing impact on airport winter operations.
5. Safety Management System (SMS) applications during winter operations.
6. Interpreting and responding to Winter Weather Forecasting.
7. Snow and Ice Control Equipment.
8. Safe and applicable communication regulations, techniques and application.