The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and Ricondo & Associates are pleased to offer two popular workshops, hosted by Miami International Airport
- The Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) Workshop, November 7, 2017
- The Rates and Charges Workshop, November 7-9, 2017
These information-packed workshops also are a great way for CPAs to get their CPE credits as the year draws to a close! The PFC Workshop is eligible for seven credits, and the Rates and Charges Workshop is eligible for 11 credits.
Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) Workshop
This workshop will be held November 7, 2017, in Miami, Florida. With PFCs at the same maximum level as 1999 and squeezes on other airport funding sources, airport sponsors are challenged to develop financially feasible capital improvement programs. PFCs are a significant funding source for almost every large, medium, small and non-hub airport in the U.S. The PFC Workshop will offer airport sponsors an overview of the PFC process and the opportunity to hear the FAA’s perspective on PFCs.
During this workshop, attendees will gain current updates on the PFC program and will have the opportunity to interact with other airport executives, members of the financial community, FAA staff and other PFC stakeholders.
Topics will include:
All sessions will take place at the Mayfair Hotel & Spa. The workshop begins with registration at 8 a.m. (sessions start at 9 a.m.) and ends at with a networking reception from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 7. Registration fees include one continental breakfast, one luncheon, all refreshment breaks, the reception and course materials. Dress is business casual. Confirmations will be sent via email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PFC 101 - An overview of PFCs, including project eligibility, uses of PFC revenue, and the application process
- FAA Updates
- A discussion of best practices and helpful hints for collaboration with the FAA
- Review of recent PFC program updates and initiatives provided by FAA staff
- PFC maintenance - SOAR, amendment process, monitoring collections and expenditures, audit requirements and procedures, and closeout
- Financing considerations and objectives for PFC-backed bonds and recommended approaches to leveraging PFC revenues
The Rates and Charges Workshop
This workshop will be held November 8-9, 2017, in Miami, Florida. Continued uncertainty with respect to the U.S. and global economies and the airlines’ collective response to these and other considerations make the process of establishing airline rates and charges an even more challenging process than it historically has been. In developing airline rates and charges budgets and forecasts, airport managers rely on inputs from many sources and must deal with both expected and unexpected variability in activity levels, revenues, expenses, and capital requirements.
This workshop on airport rate-setting and revenue development will provide airport managers and aviation professionals with the information and tools necessary preserve the financial health of their airports and their relationships with their airline and other stakeholders.
Both veterans and novices in the aviation industry will find valuable and timely information at this workshop. The program will include presentations from airport executives, airline representatives, attorneys, consultants and government officials. This workshop is designed to allow for maximum interaction between attendees and industry participants.
This workshop will cover the following topics:
- A legal and regulatory framework of rates and charges
- An overview of airline rates and charges accounting framework and cost center allocations
- An overview of airline rates and charges, including basic mechanics and methodologies
- Recent trends in airport-airline agreements and airport per use fees and common use charges
- A look at the importance of planned airline activity on budgeted rates and charges
- Overview of rate-setting context for non-aeronautical services and facilities, including ground transportation providers (e.g., taxis, limos, shuttles, and transportation network companies) and rental car customer facility charges (CFCs)
- Advice from industry professionals regarding airline and airport perspectives on rates and charges and credit considerations
- Airport capital program funding strategies and credit market perspective
All sessions will take place at the Mayfair Hotel & Spa. The workshop begins with a networking reception from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, November 7. Sessions start at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, November 8, and end at noon Thursday, November 9. Registration fees include the reception, two continental breakfasts, one luncheon, all refreshment breaks and course materials. Dress is business casual. Confirmations will be sent via email from email@example.com.
Hurricane Irma Impact Update: AAAE and our gracious host, Miami International Airport, are excited to host the upcoming Passenger Facility Charge (PFC) and Rates and Charges Workshops in Miami, FL. The Miami International Airport and the event hotel are ready to welcome workshop attendees. If you have not done so already, show your support for Miami International Airport by making a donation to the AAAE/ACI-NA Hurricane Relief Fund.