Jeffrey C. Price M.A., C.M., ACE-Security; ACE-Operations, C.P.P., C.A.S., CHS-II
Jeff Price is a Professor at the Metropolitan State University of Denver, Department of Aviation and Aerospace Science, and the owner of Leading Edge Strategies, an airport management training company. He is considered one of the leading experts in the world in aviation security and airport safety. He is the former assistant security director at Denver International Airport, and former Airport Director of Jefferson County Airport, in Colorado (now known as Rocky Mountain Metro Airport).
Jeff began his professional career as a U.S. Coast Guard Officer. He entered airport management in the Operations Department at Stapleton International Airport in 1992, where he later developed the airfield manager training programs for DEN; he was part of opening the Denver International Airport. At Jeffco Airport he served as the Director of Public Relations, Marketing and Property Management prior to being appointed the airport manager. He also served on the Colorado Aeronautics Board.
Highlights and Achievements
• Has a master’s degree in Curriculum and Instruction from Colorado Christian University and a Bachelor’s of Science in Professional Pilot from the Metropolitan State University of Denver, and is a commercial/instrument rated pilot.
• Jeff has authored two books:
• Practical Aviation Security: Predicting and Preventing Future Threats, which is the leading textbook in the industry on the subject and now in its 3rd edition.
• Practical Airport Operations, Safety and Emergency Management: Protocols for Today and the Future (published 2016).
• The lead Airport Security Coordinator trainer for the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE), he authored Airport Certified Employee (ACE)-Security program.
• Jeff is the lead author of AAAE's Certified Member (CM) body of foundational knowledge for an individual to become an Accredited Airport Executive.
• A certified trainer by both the Anthony Robbins Company and the FranklinCovey Corporation.
• Under these companies, Jeff has trained over 2,000 Airport Security Coordinators, 800+ TSA Transportation Security Inspectors and thousands of others in airport management, emergency management and airport operations.
• Jeff is a Certified Protection Professional (C.P.P.) through the American Society of Industrial Security.
• Through the American Board of Certification in Homeland Security, Jeff is a Certified Aviation Security Professional (C.A.S.) and Certified Homeland Security - Level II member (CHS-II).