Human Trafficking Training for LEO & Security Personnel
August 6 | 1-5 p.m. ET | LIVE ONLINE TRAINING
Airport security professionals and law enforcement officers are on the frontlines of the fight to end human trafficking. Recent data suggests that more than 60% of trafficking victims move through airports throughout the course of their exploitation, yet identification of these victims remains remarkably low.
Human Trafficking for Airport Law Enforcement Officers and Security Professionals educates those professionals working in the airport environment on how to identify, respond, and intervene in suspected instances of human trafficking. This course will equip LEO and security personnel with tools and resources they need to better understand human trafficking and be responsive to suspected cases, specific to their function at the airport.
At the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
• Define human trafficking and how it presents itself domestically in the United States, specifically in an airport environment.
• Identify red flags and warning signs of potentially trafficked or sexually exploited persons.
• Manage immediate needs for potential victims of human trafficking in a safe manner.
• Implement proper response to suspected victim of human trafficking or sexually exploited person through a victim-centered, trauma-informed approach.
• Conduct field investigations regarding suspected cases of human trafficking.
• Learn proper and effective field interview techniques.
• Refer victims to appropriate resources for intervention.
• Understand what resources are available to the airport employee, security personnel, law enforcement, or other professionals to further aid in the identification, response, and intervention to a suspected instance while in an airport environment.
Who should attend?
This course is intended only for law enforcement and security professionals as it will include information, tactics, and techniques that are law enforcement sensitive. Candidates will have to present valid LEO/SEC credentials to attend this class.
Please contact Ilana Brodesky at email@example.com for more information.