In the continual effort to present affordable airport training programs, the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) and the Northeast Chapter AAAE are pleased to present both the Basic Airport Safety and Operations Specialist (ASOS) Schools, to be held April 22-23, 2017, in Buffalo, New York. The ASOS schools are perfect for all personnel Airport/Airfield Operations and Maintenance Departments in all regions of the United States, including International Aviation Snow Symposium attendees.
The ASOS Schools will be held concurrently from April 22-23, 2017 and precede the Northeast Chapter AAAE 51st Annual International Aviation Snow Symposium, April 23-26, 2017.
Basic ASOS School
The two-day Basic ASOS School is designed for individuals who are relatively new to airport operations, or have not attended a Basic ASOS before and are currently working in airport management, planning or operations. Through prepared presentations instructed by industry professionals, the Basic ASOS School will cover the following elements of Part 139 (subject to change): 14 CFR Part 139 Requirements, Records, Paved/Safety Areas, Markings, Signs & Lighting, ARFF, AEP, Self-Inspection Program.
Why Attend Basic ASOS?
- Learn 14 CFR Part 139 subject matter from industry experts
- ASOS schools are an excellent option available for airport operators to comply with 139.303(c-e)
- Become familiar with the latest Advisory Circulars (AC) as it relates to Airport Operations
- Network with Airport Operators and industry professionals from around the country
- Apply airport operational techniques learned from this course to your airport