Are you a AAAE enthusiast over 70½ with an IRA? Do you know someone who is? The Charitable IRA Rollover is a new tax-wise way to support the AAAE Foundation.
Now that Congress has made the IRA rollover permanent, you can make thoughtful contributions to the AAAE Foundation, satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD), and avoid income tax you would otherwise have to pay on mandatory withdrawals. This benefit is available to itemizers and non-itemizers alike and requires only a few simple steps.
The Trade Facilitation and Trade Enforcement Act of 2015 made the “IRA Charitable Rollover” a permanent giving opportunity for qualified donors. Under this legislation, qualified donors may make outright gifts of up to $100,000 to charity from their IRA and avoid taxation on the distribution. For gifts to be counted toward the required minimum distribution (RMD), transfers must be made by December 31.
To benefit from this gift opportunity, the following qualifications must be met:
- Donor must be age 70½ or older at the time of transfer.
- The maximum amount a donor may transfer per year is $100,000.
- The gift must be outright. Gifts to donor advised funds or to life income vehicles do not qualify.
- The gift must be transferred directly from the IRA account by the IRA administrator to the AAAE Foundation.
- Donors with check-writing ability for their IRAs may use this feature to complete their gifts.
Download sample requests and notifications below: