Code of Conduct
AAAE is committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all meeting participants and staff. All participants including but not limited to attendees, speakers, volunteers, exhibitors, staff, and service providers, are expected to abide by this AAAE Code of Conduct, and this code applies to all AAAE meeting related events including those sponsored by organizations other than AAAE but held in conjunction with AAAE events, either in public or private facilities. In addition, AAAE members must adhere to the AAAE Code of Ethics.
Treat others with respect, inclusivity, and consideration, recognizing that this event is a place for diversity of thought, organization, and individuals.
- Communicate openly with respect for others, avoiding personal attacks.
- Wear your event badge at all AAAE conference sessions, functions and in the exhibit hall.
- Be mindful of your surroundings and others. Alert event staff if you notice any discriminatory, harassing, aggressive, or exclusionary behavior or speech as soon as possible.
- Respect the rules and policies of the meeting venue, hotel, AAAE contracted facility, or any other associated venue.
- Harassment, intimidation or discrimination in any form is not tolerated.
- Physical or verbal abuse of any attendee, speaker, volunteer, exhibitor, staff, service provider, or other meeting guest will not be tolerated.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to: verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, religion, and national origin; inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images in public spaces or in presentations; and, threatening or stalking any type of meeting guest.
- Disruption of sessions, in the exhibit hall or at other events organized by AAAE at the meeting venue, hotel, AAAE contracted facility, or other associated venue, is not allowed.
Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Anyone requested to stop unacceptable behavior by a AAAE staff member is expected to comply immediately. AAAE will not tolerate such behavior and reserves the right to take any action it deems necessary and appropriate in its sole discretion, including expulsion from the event without warning or refund, exclusion from future events, and other consequences set forth in the AAAE Code of Ethics and Disciplinary Policy.
Reporting Unacceptable Behavior
If you are the subject of unacceptable behavior or have witnessed any such behavior, please contact any member of the AAAE staff on-site. Team members wear badges with blue AAAE Team ribbons or green STAFF ribbons. You may also contact email@example.com.
Please note AAAE reserves the right to modify or revise this policy at any time with or without notice. In the event of an emergency, please contact local authorities immediately.
Copyright © by American Association of Airport Executives. All Rights Reserved.