Your participation in AAAE events provides essential education and the opportunity to make meaningful connections across the industry.
AAAE is committed to ensuring that any airport professional can reap the benefits of participation in our signature events and training opportunities. If you are interested in attending a AAAE event but you and/or your employer do not have the financial means to do so, please apply for a Professional Development Grant.
Made possible through the success of AAAE’s business operations, grants are available to Executive and Affiliate members (individual members employed by an airport).
Each Professional Development Grant Includes:
- Flights to/from the event
- Hotel lodging during the event
- Complimentary registration for the event
Recipients are Responsible for:
- Transportation to/from the airport/hotel
- Meals not included with the event
- Hotel incidentals (room service, mini bar, tips, etc.)
- Enrollment or program fees (Accreditation/Certification Academies and Review Courses)
- Be an Executive or Affiliate member of AAAE in good standing at the time of application AND of the event. Other AAAE member types are not eligible currently.
- Submit a complete application, including a letter of recommendation from a supervisor who is authorized to approve travel.
- Cannot currently have access to a leadership travel reimbursement through AAAE
- Cannot have received a AAAE professional development grant in previous three years.
- Applications will be posted by December 1st for the following calendar year's events
- Applications will be due by January 15th
- AAAE reserves the right to change or discontinue this program without notice.
Please contact Gwen Basaria at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.797.2540 with questions.