In the continual effort to present affordable airport training programs, the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) is pleased to partner with the Green Bay–Austin Straubel International Airport to offer the Basic Airport Safety and Operations Specialist (ASOS) Schools, to be held July 17-18, 2018, at the Green Bay–Austin Straubel International Airport in Green Bay, WI. This school is perfect for all personnel Airport/Airfield Operations and Maintenance Departments.
Basic ASOS School
The two-day Basic ASOS School is designed for individuals who are relatively new to airport operations, or have not attended a Basic ASOS before and are currently working in airport management, planning or operations. Through prepared presentations instructed by industry professionals, the Basic ASOS School will cover the following elements of Part 139 (subject to change): 14 CFR Part 139 Requirements, Records, Paved/Safety Areas, Markings, Signs & Lighting, ARFF, AEP, Self-Inspection Program.
Why Attend Basic ASOS?
- Learn 14 CFR Part 139 subject matter from industry experts
- ASOS schools are an excellent option available for airport operators to comply with 139.303(c-e)
- Become familiar with the latest Advisory Circulars (AC) as it relates to Airport Operations
- Network with Airport Operators and industry professionals from around the country
- Apply airport operational techniques learned from this course to your airport
The classroom is located in the ARFF station, which is inside the airfield. Proceed to Gate 15, off of Hwy 172, press the call button and notify you are there for the Basic ASOS Training. You will be directed to the ARFF station. Download a map here. The training will start at 8:00 a.m. each day. Our host, Green Bay-Austin Straubel International Airport, will provide lunch and coffee/snack breaks.