The Airport Innovation Steering Group (AISG) is an organization of aviation leaders dedicated to making US airports more competitive globally through action-oriented innovation. AISG members determine industry priorities and authorize working groups that help airports harness emerging solutions and anticipate disruptive changes.
The AISG has a bias for action
and measures success by the results of our Action Teams, which are AISG working groups with set objectives and timeframes that disband upon completion. Each Action Team is aimed at delivering innovation projects that are real, sustainable and scalable for the airport industry.
How are we different?
The AISG is focused on taking action and driving change. The group is intentionally small and nimble with a mix of member expertise and interests so the AISG can rapidly assess needs and quickly organize Action Teams around the highest industry priorities.
AISG Is Not
- A committee
- A think-tank or research body
- Open to all
- An action-driven entity organized to maximize impact across the industry
- Dedicated to conducting pilots
- Deliberately small
How do we do it?
- Priorities are identified in quarterly meetings.
- Leaders sanction Action Teams around specific topics and goals.
- Each Action Team has a clear objective, a set timeline, and clear responsibilities. Upon completion, the Action Team is disbanded.
- Steering group appointments are at least one year.
- Membership cannot exceed 12 members.