The Airports Going Green Awards were established with the firm belief that industry recognition is a key element to fostering sustainability achievement and innovation. This prestigious award recognizes the lasting contributions of each outstanding project, program, or person in pursuit of sustainability within the aviation industry.
The recipients of the 2019 Airports Going Green Awards will be recognized at the 12th Annual Airports Going Green Conference, during the Awards Luncheon on November 5. Congratulations to all Award Recipients!
2019 Airports Going Green Award Recipients:
• Pioneer in Aviation Sustainability Award: Elizabeth Leavitt, Senior Director, Environment and Sustainability, Port of Seattle
• Sustainable Alternative Jet Fuel Trial at Van Nuys Airport, Los Angeles World Airports
• Green Cooling Tower Program, Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport
• Airport Economic Development and Revitalization Project, Greater Rochester International Airport
• Todd Cavender, Director, Environment & Sustainability, Indianapolis Airport Authority
• Flight for the Planet, United Airlines
Renewable Natural Gas Initiative, Dallas Fort Worth International Airport
Solar Power Plant, El Dorado International Airport, Bogota, Columbia
American Airlines, Hangar 2, Chicago O’Hare International Airport